Hello and welcome to my website.
If you require the services of a notary in Plymouth, east Cornwall or west Devon I shall be happy to assist you.
I provide general notarial services to the public which concern the preparation and witnessing of documents for use abroad. The most common notarial services which I carry out are:
- Attesting powers of attorney and other documents for use in countries throughout the world.
- Certifying documents relating to companies registered at Companies House or in foreign commercial registers.
- Assisting with documents required to establish a company abroad.
- Attesting documents which require to be signed on behalf of a Company for use abroad.
- Applying for legalisation of documents at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Also referred to as obtaining an apostille) and for legalisation when necessary from the relevant foreign embassy or consulate.
- Administering oaths, affidavits and statutory declarations for Scotland and foreign jurisdictions.
- Sponsorship documents.
- Affidavits confirming freedom to marry (often required to marry abroad).
- Documents for foreign adoption applications.
- Ship protests.
- Maritime bills of sale and related shipping or yacht documents.
- Protesting bills of exchange.
- Guardian consent for minors foreign travel
- Certifying translations.
- Certifying original or copy professional or academic certificates.
I can also arrange through consular agents for dowments to be Apostilled by the Foreign and Commonwealth office and legalised in foreign embassies and consulates in London where these procedures are required by the receiving country.
The Apostille is a certificate issued by the Foreign and Commonwealth office which authenticates the notary's signature and seal, and currently costs £30 or £75 per document depending on the service level required. The FCO website is at www.fco.gov.uk.